Hello Chocolate lovers !
As some of you might know, I am from Switzerland (the land of chocolate) and I never tried to hide my immensely deep almost disturbing love for chocolate. I persuade that I compensate my disgust for cheese with chocolate. Legit.
Well, maybe you know that Switzerland has a lot of traditional chocolates and one of them is the the famous Ragusa. The main ingredients are sugar, whole milk powder, butter and cacao butter and I thought I can try to make my own vegan swiss version of a BIG VEGAN RAGUSA
I was experimenting with the different consistencies of chocolate and I tried to make the filling slightly brighter in color. For some reason, the browns look quite alike in the picture, which is fine as I call it the dark chocolate Ragusa now. I made one big Ragusa but of course you can make small ones as well.
For the brighter layer I used a vegan chocolate called Vego, as I really like that brand, you can, however, use whatever vegan “milk” chocolate you like and it shouldn’t affect the end result. I also tried to make a raw version of a Ragusa but to be honest I couldn’t really get it to where I wanted it to be. The consistency stayed kind of grainy and it was hard to reach that amount of creaminess without using over 200gr of cacao butter and coconut oil. So the big challenge was to make it as healthy as possible but also as yummi as possible. 😀
I really hope you like this little (or big) treat and I can’t wait to see your picture of the Swiss chocolate Ragusa.
- Dark chocolate cover
- 100gr dark chocolate (3.5 oz)
- 20gr coconut fat (2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 130gr Vego Chocolate (or any other vegan "milk" chocolate) (4.6oz)
- 50gr dark chocolate (1.8oz)
- 50gr coconut fat (1.8oz)
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- 150gr organic hazelnuts (1½ cup)
- Dark Chocolate bottom
- 50gr dark chocolate (1.8oz)
- 10gr coconut fat (1 tbsp)
- For this recipe, it is crucial to have a rectangular silicon loaf pan otherwise, you won't be able to get the Ragusa out. I used a
- In a small pan melt together all the ingredients for the dark chocolate cover except for the coconut milk. I another pan or microwave heat the coconut milk and carefully add it to the chocolate mixture.
- Take a pastry brush and cover all the edges and the bottom of your silicon loaf pan. Put in the freezer to cool.
- For the filling again melt all the ingredients except for the coconut milk on low heat. Heat the coconut milk and add to the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the hazelnuts and pour into silicon pan.
- Put in the freezer while making the Dark chocolate bottom.
- For the bottom melt together the dark chocolate with the coconut fat and cover the filling with it once it has hardened.
- Put in the freezer for another 20 minutes and then take the Ragusa out of the pan.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- For the best taste, take it out of the fridge, 10 minutes prior to eating