Granola for me is one of the easiest things to do at home. You can make Granola in so many flavors that the variety of combinations is almost endless. If I am asked what my favorite granola is, I am usually struggling but I have to say that this Glutenfree Double Chocolate Granola definitely made it into my top three.
For those of you who are following me on Instagram, know that I am currently in Bali. And Oh dear, believe me they have the best smoothie bowls here! They are bright in colors, full of flavor and decorated like a piece of art. Some of them contained homemade granola. And this is the point where I got a little disappointed. The granolas somehow were not really flavorful or special in anyway. Sometimes it was really just oats with syrup. That’s a pity, because like I said: Making your own granola is super easy!
Speaking about the granola, it’s super chocolatey but still healthy and good for you. I added the grams measurements for my Europe friends so you don’t have the cup struggle. 🙂
There is not a lot more, I can tell you about the recipe, as it is quite straight forward! So, I leave you my friends with this recipe and you would make me unbelievably happy, if you could tell me or better send me a picture when you try it out. You can also tag @vanillacrunnch on Instagram and I will repost your picture!
- 2 cups buckwheat (200gr)
- ¾ cup flaked coconut (30gr)
- ½ cup gluten free oats (50gr)
- ¼ cup agave syrup (35gr)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (25 gr)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder (25g)
- 1 oz dark chocolate, chopped (30gr)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325F (165 degrees)
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients
- Line a rimmed baking tray with parchment and evenly divide granola on it
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes
- Remove from oven and let the granola cool completely (this allows the granola to get all clumpy!) Once cooled store in an airtight container at room temperature