All you need is one bowl and a few ingredients to make these vegan dark chocolate espresso brownies – I dare to say that these are THE BEST healthy vegan brownies with no eggs, refined sugar or butter. Trust me!
I’ve been hesitant in showing you this recipe, thinking there are so many out there, so why mine? Well, I thought it’s such a great casual, basic recipe that you can make again, again and again. the recipe contains espresso and it really gives the brownie an outstanding flavor. You can totally get rid of it but I don’t recommend it 😉 Once you are good with the basic recipe you can start to adjust/add or give them a special twist such as orange zest or cooked beetroot.
There are no boundaries for your creativity!
I topped my brownies with cacao nibs but of course, you can top them with chocolate drops to make them sweeter!
Alright bakers, grab your shopping bag, get all the ingredients and rock your kitchen!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup spelt flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅔ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup almond milk, room temperature
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup espresso
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a dash of fine sea salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
- a handful of cacao nibs to sprinkle over
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper or use a silicon baking form
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flours, baking powder, soda, salt and cacao powder
- In another bowl combine your wet ingredients until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry one and gently mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips and sprinkle cacao nibs over brownies.
- Pour batter into baking pan and bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, then let cool.
- Place in the fridge before slicing in order to get beautifully square shaped brownies.