Can’t believe January is almost over and Valentines Day is just around the corner! Not that I am a huge fan of this made up festive day but it makes it total legit for me to make cheesy, pink desserts.
So for this Valentines Day, why not try these ombre Raw Raspberry Cheesecake Bars, to share with your loved one or just for yourself!
I think that there is no more romantic way in showing someone you love them by making them a home-made little something. These bars are not only eye candy they are also candy for your body and will nourish you with the best ingredients. No fancy artificial stuff or tons of sugar, just the real deal.
I hope you give them a try! Curious for the recipe?
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3 Medjool dates; pitted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 9 tbsp maple syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Juice of a whole lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup raspberries + more for the ombre effect
- optional: beetroot for color
- For the crust, place all ingredients into a food processor and process into a fine sticky crumble. Transfer the mixture into a rectangular (preferably silicon) tin and press down the mixture until you have the crust.
- Place in the fridge while working on the filling.
- With a good blender, combine all the filling ingredients at high speed.
- Pour ⅔ of the mixture over your crust and then add extra raspberries to the ⅓ of the mixture still in the blender to make the deep pink layer.
- If you want extra color, you can add beetroot powder or ¼ of a cooked beetroot to make it really intense like in my picture.
- Pour the pink layer of the light layer and with a knife make some swirls.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight
So instead of giving you a beautiful poem or sending you flowers, let me say thank you to you with this cake. You are loved and your presence is very much appreciated here on Vanillacrunnch <3