Most of my readers don’t know me.
And this is totally not your fault. It’s mine.
When I started my Instagram and my blog, I basically just posted desserts. Then I started to post more personal things, I really cared about and that inspired me on a daily basis. I really enjoyed posting these “Ah I really feel like posting this” pictures. However, the more personal my account got the more people judged me and soon everybody thought they know me, when in fact they didn’t. Nobody did.
This is why I am making this blog post. To let you know that there will be a change on here and on Instagram. The Vanillacrunnch I started will be reinvented. Vanillacrunnch the empty construct around sugar-free and healthy treats is dead but a new hopefully more interesting and creative Vanillacrunnch will rise. I will let you get closer. I want to open up more in order to connect more. During the last months, my Instagram follower base had a massive growth that I really appreciate it, although I felt it drove me apart from being the account I actually want to be. I mean how can you “inspire 101K people” ? I am aware that when I post a selfie or more personal details, a lot of followers say Ciao,Ciao. (Hey no worries I totally get it when you just want to see chocolate cakes and desserts ;).Well, that is not me anymore. During my travels, I recognized how much I enjoy the sharing of ideas with other people. The active, deep talks with friends and strangers. The exchange of thoughts and values on a level I would never have thought it would be possible through Social Media. Guess that is a change we should accept and use to our advantage. Never did we have the chance to be so close to people.
“Because if I don’t change I won’t be able to handle this account anymore”
There are Instagram accounts advising you on how to get as many followers as possible. Like how do you feel that a huge follower base can make you happy? It is the same with every part of our lives, we think the more equals the better equals the happier. Or in case, of weight the less the happier. What I often experience is that people are actually not really happier. Don’t get me wrong at this point I am all for people wanting to be the best version of themselves. If I don’t like something about me I am working hard trying to be the Best Lara I can be, but in a world centered around perfection it is the closeness and openness to people I really value. Maybe that is something I learned when I got older and wiser (maybe not wiser..) I feel that a change will be a good thing for me personally and I really hope you join this new path with me. New ideas and innovation are welcome & highly appreciated
So if you have read this blog post until here you might belong to these people interested in the person behind all the baking and chocolate. I like to incorporate more of my personal perspective. The way I see things through my eyes. Of course, there will be a big part still food related but additionally, there will be more. I don’t really have a plan or don’t know where this will take me, but I guess I have to start somewhere in order to find my direction.
As a first thing, I actually like to tell you 10 things about me.
1. I love summer and I feel uncomfortable in winter. The only thing I like about winters is the cozy days with a lot of warm blankets, hot chocolate and a lot of chocolate peanut butter cookies.
2. Speaking about Peanut Butter. I haven’t tried Peanut butter before the age of 25. I saw it first time on Instagram and then bought it because I thought it looks pretty on breakfast bowls.
3. I have a sister, who is 3 years younger. She currently lives far away from me but I love her to pieces and I think every day of her.
4. I am scared that I won’t find the right job or company that I am searching for since college. I am looking for a workplace that is able to drive me to give my best. Every Day.
5. No one ever wanted anything more than I want to. This goes with every single array of my life. If I want something, I am willing to do everything it needs. 99% of the cases (ok make it a 100%) I am over excited and I become obsessed and I just recognize later that it would have been a good idea to first study it and then start running.
6. I am having trouble enjoying the moment when it is there. Last month I actively recognized that I often don’t enjoy the moment. It is only later when I feel that I actually really enjoyed a conversation/moment/place. I really want to work on this and trying to life more actively and present.
7. I love to move my body. It feels so natural and I always enjoyed it. My favorite sports are Volleyball, Ballet, and Cross-Fit. I had to leave my Volleyball team a year ago. It broke my heart.
8. I am polite. Too polite. Like I WANT to answer all the 100 comments on Instagram. At 80K followers I stopped doing that. Otherwise, I might have ended up as a polite full-time Instagrammer.
9. I am sapiosexual.
10. My favorite meal is granola with milk. Preferably almond milk. That never changed since I am ten. Jap, I am that simple.
If you have some time I would appreciate hearing some facts about you. You might want to write them in the comment section. Looking forward meeting you!