Are you looking for something really easy and fast yet delicious and vegan? Then you should definitely try my Basic Vegan Chocolate cake!
This chocolate cake does not contain any butter, cow milk or eggs. It has its whole chocolate flavor from cacao powder and with the addition of peanut butter, the cake turns out really moist and delicious!
Of course, there are always people who are skeptical of vegan cakes when it comes to flavor. but I can assure you that all my non-vegan test eaters loved it and they could not tell a difference.
Sometimes I am scrolling through Pinterest and a picture grabs my attention. Later I am slightly disappointed to recognize that I am missing 4 ingredients and I have no clue what 3 ingredients are and where I could get them.
That is why this basic Vegan Chocolate cake does not contain any fancy ingredients. I used spelt flour but feel free to use regular flour. I also had coconut sugar at home but brown or cane sugar or basically any sugar you can find at home should be fine.
If you prefer raw cakes, make sure you have a look at this raw beauty and if you are really really brave you should go for the magical vegan chocolate cake with a secret ingredient!
Do you also love Pinterest? You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch
You can post this Collage picture on Pinterest to find the recipe again later 🙂
Alright chocolate freaks, now it is your turn! I am looking forward seeing your creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can leave me a comment here.
- 2½ cup spelt flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1½ cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1½ cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1½ Tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chunks
- 2 Tbsp almond milk, room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 355F and oil brush your cake pan.
- Carefully melt your dark chocolate and let it cool down for several minutes
- I a bowl, combine the sugar with the coconut oil and the peanut butter
- Add the melted chocolate.
- I another bowl combine the flour with the chocolate powder, the baking powder and salt
- One after another add the flour mixture and the milk and water to the sugar-oil mixture until everything is well combined
- Last, add the apple cider and then pour into your cake pan
- Bake the cake at 355F for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- For the coating, carefully melt the chocolate and let cool down.
- Add the almond milk and immediately distribute on the cake
- (You can add more milk if you are aiming for a thinner coating)