A vegan apple-hazelnut cake that’s not only super moist but also the perfect comfort food with a hint of cinnamon. Perfect for vegan baking starters.
This cake is seriously the best I’ve ever made! And I know I say this a lot BUT, once you try it you’ll say it is the Best ever vegan apple hazelnut cake. So, since you guys all love my easy chocolate cake and my pistachio cake so much, I decided to go for another super easy vegan cake. I’d dare to say this apple cake is even easier than the other ones. You can simply NOT mess it up!
If you have time I recommend making this healthy vegan apple hazelnut cake while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the picture below to your Pinterest board and find the recipe later. Make sure you check out my Pinterest profile Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
I am looking forward to seeing your apple hazelnut cake creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 300g (around 3) apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 160g vegan butter
- 170g granulated sugar of choice
- 200g spelt flour
- 30gr corn starch
- 1 packet (around 10g) baking powder
- 200g shredded hazelnuts
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbsp ginger spice
- ⅞ cups (200ml) oat milk
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Peel the apples and slice them into small cubes.
- In a bowl add the lemon juice and combine well with the apple cubes.
- Preheat your oven to 375F (upper and lower heat).
- Grease a rectangular baking tin (≈28cm)
- Cream together the sugar and the vegan butter.
- In another bowl combine the flour with the corn starch and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients and the oat milk to the butter-sugar mixture until well combined.
- Carefully add the apple cubes and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool down and add powdered sugar before serving.