Have you ever tried black charcoal in ice cream?
It seems like the unicorn trend is ousted by the all black everything trend, and therefore I thought it would be nice to dig a little deeper into this dark and mysterious phenomena.
I did some research and I also had the pleasure to test the Blackwater and Charcoal from Beneva Black Water (Swiss Company). I have to say that it was a lot of fun to get creative with the Black water and the charcoal and after some fails, I think I finally found the perfect recipes and the best way to use this black magical phenomenon. So, before we jump right into what you can do with black water or activated charcoal, I first like to tell you a little bit what it actually is and why it is good for you.
I have to say that it was a lot of fun to get creative with the Black water and the charcoal and after some fails, I think I finally found the perfect recipes and the best way to use this black magical phenomenon. So, before we jump right into what you can do with black water or activated charcoal, I first like to tell you a little bit what it actually is and why it is good for you.
Why even drinking black charcoal?
Maybe you have heard from Black Charcoal in connection with detoxing or cleansing before? I did, but I was never really sure if this activated charcoal is the same like normal charcoal. Well, it’s not 😉
Unlike regular charcoal, which is a known carcinogen, activated charcoal is medicinal. The one I consumed is made of a tiny part of the coconut shell It becomes „activated charcoal“ when high temperatures combine with a gas or activating agent to expand its surface area. I was first carbonized and then re-activated using hot water vapor, and in the case of charcoal water combined with natural drinking water. Some sources say that it is the world’s oldest and trusted detoxifying remedy!
The activated charcoal is odorless and has almost no taste, but is gritty, so after you consumed it you will have a slight „sandy“ feeling in your mouth. You can just sip on some normal water after it and the feeling is gone. I kind of got addicted to the feeling and like to play with it in my mouth since activated charcoal also whitens the teeth. Did you know that? Another cool benefit I’ve learned from Beneva.
Next to detox your body, black charcoal also have other interesting properties:
- Helps if you have a hangover (I did not test that of course! ;))
- Prevent gas after eating beans or other foods that might cause bloating. (I DID test that, and surprisingly I did not experience bloating for a whole week when I drank black charcoal water while eating Tacos and onions and a bean stew. Don’t know could be placebo but I don’t care since it worked and I feel great!)
- Reduce high cholesterol
- Helps losing weight (well, I guess you can not rely on some bottles of black water in order to get that summer body. Better move your ass and try to incorporate healthy foods as much as possible. Don’t skip the ice cream!
- on the other hand, you should never overdo it, because activated charcoal consumed on a daily basis may also reduce absorption of certain nutrients.
To conclude, I would love to point out that activated charcoal has many health benefits, but it’s not a wonder drug or something you can lose 10 pounds overnight.
I mostly liked the creative process. To play around with the activated charcoal and create new recipes and creations! A really easy one, I thought looks really nice and tasted great is the Black Charcoal Ice Cream (healthy Nicecream) You can find the recipe just by scrolling a little down.
- 2 very ripe, frozen bananas
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp activated black charcoal
- Put all the ingredients in your blender and blitz until you have the desired consistency
- If you like the ice cream softer (like soft ice) add more coconut milk.
- Enjoy right away!
For other recipes with Black Water make sure you check out other creations with Black charcoal from my friend Verena !
|| Für alle Schweizer die das lesen gibt es die Chance 12 Flaschen Black Water zu gewinnen! Ich werde 3 Gewinner bestimmen. Schreibt mir einfach in den Kommentaren warum Ihr gerne auf die dunkle Seite wechseln möchtet 😉 ||
This post is inspired and born within a cooperation with Beneva Blackwater