These No-Bake Blue Spirulina Bounty Bars are ready in no time at all… and taste just like a real Bounty bar! Made from only healthy ingredients you can indulge without the bad feeling afterward.
As you know me I am a huge fan of chocolate and fruits but I also really adore the combination of chocolate and coconut. I think Bounty was my favorite „unhealthy“ sweet. I think that is also the reason why one of my first recipes on vanillacrunnch were these traditional veganized Bountys.
Later, I made small little Bounty Balls, who got viral on Pinterest as they are really easy to make and I haven’t met a single person that did not like them 🙂
Some years later, I thought that I had to step up the BOUNTY game and make a spirulina infused version. Before you think I am crazy to make fishy Bounty’s let me tell you that this was Spirulina with no taste at all but simply comes with all the health benefits. I really encourage you to also try them with matcha or any other fruit powder you might find at home!
And to be really honest here: I made them because the color looks really great 😉
My sister called them „Fairytale Bounty’s“
Alright coconut and chocolate fans, show me what you got! I would be very happy to see your own creation of Bounty Bars on Social Media! Share it with me on my on Instagram @vanillacrunnch if you try them or leave a comment here!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp rice syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate (70gr)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or use a silicone pan
- In a bowl, mix the unsweetened shredded coconut, the coconut milk, the rice syrup, the melted coconut oil and the spirulina thoroughly with a spoon or use your hands as I did
- Press the whole mixture evenly into your lined loaf pan and cut them later
- Transfer to the freezer for about 1 hour
- Next, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil
- Use a fork placed underneath, dip every bar into the chocolate
- Then place your chocolate-covered bars back on the carving board and transfer them back to the freezer for an additional 30 minutes.
- (You can repeat the chocolate coating step once again for a really nice thick chocolate layer)
Wow, I thought this recipe would require at least ten ingredients, but I stand corrected! I LOVE how easy this recipe looks. The beautiful blue color inside looks amazing! YUM!
How cute these are! Have already made colorful bounties, but yours lookso cute, Lara!
organic spirulina capsules says
Thanks for sharing spirulina health and tasty spirulina bars, It is loaded with lost of vitamins and nutrients.