These No-Bake Blue Spirulina Bounty Bars are ready in no time at all… and taste just like a real Bounty bar! Made from only healthy ingredients you can indulge without the bad feeling afterward.
As you know me I am a huge fan of chocolate and fruits but I also really adore the combination of chocolate and coconut. I think Bounty was my favorite „unhealthy“ sweet. I think that is also the reason why one of my first recipes on vanillacrunnch were these traditional veganized Bountys.
Later, I made small little Bounty Balls, who got viral on Pinterest as they are really easy to make and I haven’t met a single person that did not like them 🙂
Some years later, I thought that I had to step up the BOUNTY game and make a spirulina infused version. Before you think I am crazy to make fishy Bounty’s let me tell you that this was Spirulina with no taste at all but simply comes with all the health benefits. I really encourage you to also try them with matcha or any other fruit powder you might find at home!
And to be really honest here: I made them because the color looks really great 😉
My sister called them „Fairytale Bounty’s“
Alright coconut and chocolate fans, show me what you got! I would be very happy to see your own creation of Bounty Bars on Social Media! Share it with me on my on Instagram @vanillacrunnch if you try them or leave a comment here!
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp rice syrup
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp spirulina
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate (70gr)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or use a silicone pan
- In a bowl, mix the unsweetened shredded coconut, the coconut milk, the rice syrup, the melted coconut oil and the spirulina thoroughly with a spoon or use your hands as I did
- Press the whole mixture evenly into your lined loaf pan and cut them later
- Transfer to the freezer for about 1 hour
- Next, melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil
- Use a fork placed underneath, dip every bar into the chocolate
- Then place your chocolate-covered bars back on the carving board and transfer them back to the freezer for an additional 30 minutes.
- (You can repeat the chocolate coating step once again for a really nice thick chocolate layer)