I am a huge fan of Granola but recently I made more batches of “Rawnola” as it simply tastes so good as a snack but also on smoothie bowls or sprinkled over Nicecream. So “Rawnola” basically is the unbaked Granola and consists in most cases of dates (the thing that holds everything together) and groats, oats, coconut and basically everything your heart desires. I don’t know if there are any rules to Rawnola, but I don’t really care!
I think so far i made over 10 batches of Rawnola and this Dark Chocolate – Orange Rawnola is by far my favorite. Believe me the chocolate, the sweetness of the dates, paired with the tropical flavor of coconut and the light summer breeze of orange is a match made in heaven.
If you have come across Rawnola before you might have seen a fine, crumbly version and a more sticky with bigger pieces version. I actually like both. Depends a little bit for what I want to use the Rawnola.
If you are aiming for a more “sticky” Rawnola where you can make bigger pieces, add 2-3 more dates, and if you like it rather “fine&dry” just use 8 dates.
And don’t forget to sprinkle it over Nicecream as it tastes soooo good!
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ⅓ cup buckwheat groats
- 10 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 3 tbsp shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup raw dark chocolate pieces
- ¼ cacao nibs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of one blood orange
- Pulse the oats, groats, coconut, cacao nibs, chocolate pieces until well combined.
- Add in the dates, vanilla extract and orange zest and pulse until everything sticks together.
- Take out of the blender and spread on a baking sheet
- Let "dry" for some hours before you store it in a jar.