My ultimate spring colors are green and pink. But mostly pink. Last week, I created a truly fun, great looking and above all yummi pink spread that you can basically use for everything. I also prepared little starter snack and my guest loved the vibrant colors and the bursting flavor! You can decorate your bread slices with avocado, fruits, herbs, edible flowers or simply use the beetroot cashew spread plain.
My favorite is definitely the mix with strawberries! Sweet, savory and earthy all together.
Treat yourself with these little gifts straight from food heaven <3
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 small beetroot
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 minced clove garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Soak the cashew in water overnight or at least 1 hour in hot water
- Cook or steam the beetroot until soft
- Blend drained cashews, beetroot, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper
- Blend until smooth, stop and scrape down the sides and repeat until the mixture is smooth.