This post is also available in: Deutsch (German)
I can hear the angels sing when I taste my first Christmas Cookies this winter. Those jam filled, short pastry cookies do not only look cute they are super easy to make.
As I mentioned those Easy vegan Christmas Cookies everyone can make require less than 8 ingredients and they are for sure a classic that everyone from young to old likes. And if you a re looking for an even easier recipe make sure you check out my Protein Christmas Balls!
Extra tip: If you want to give your cookies and extra nutritional boost you can add 1-2 tsp Chia seed to the jam before placing it between the cookies.
If you have time I recommend making these Easy Vegan Christmas Cookies everyone can make while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the picture below to your Pinterest Board and find the recipe later before Christmas 🙂 You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
I am looking forward to seeing your cookie creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 2 cups spelt flour or plain white flour
- 1 stick plus plus 4 heaped tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice syrup (or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Raspberry Jam for the filling
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl combine the flour with the baking soda
- In another bowl cream together the vegan butter with the sugar, syrup, vanilla and salt
- Add the flour and knead until well combined
- Wrap in a plastic foil and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Between two baking paper sheets roll out the dough
- with a round cutter or champagne glass cut out the cookies
- Cut half of them again with a smaller cutter in heart shape cutter or whatever shape you prefer
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and then put a small amount of jam between two cookies
- Dust with powdered sugar