I can hear the angels sing when I taste my first Christmas Cookies this winter. Those jam filled, short pastry cookies do not only look cute they are super easy to make.
As I mentioned those Easy vegan Christmas Cookies everyone can make require less than 8 ingredients and they are for sure a classic that everyone from young to old likes. And if you a re looking for an even easier recipe make sure you check out my Protein Christmas Balls!
Extra tip: If you want to give your cookies and extra nutritional boost you can add 1-2 tsp Chia seed to the jam before placing it between the cookies.
If you have time I recommend making these Easy Vegan Christmas Cookies everyone can make while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the picture below to your Pinterest Board and find the recipe later before Christmas 🙂 You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
I am looking forward to seeing your cookie creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 2 cups spelt flour or plain white flour
- 1 stick plus plus 4 heaped tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp rice syrup (or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Raspberry Jam for the filling
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl combine the flour with the baking soda
- In another bowl cream together the vegan butter with the sugar, syrup, vanilla and salt
- Add the flour and knead until well combined
- Wrap in a plastic foil and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Between two baking paper sheets roll out the dough
- with a round cutter or champagne glass cut out the cookies
- Cut half of them again with a smaller cutter in heart shape cutter or whatever shape you prefer
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Let cool and then put a small amount of jam between two cookies
- Dust with powdered sugar
These cookies look amazing! Perfect for Christmas!
What do you mean by liquid sweetener?
Maple, agave, or honey if you do 🙂 does that help?
What does one stick of butter mean?
Around 116 grams
Hi, how much weight-wise is in a stick of vegan butter please? In the UK our’s is sold in tubs not sticks. ☺
Hi 🙂 it is around 116gr. Does that help?
Can you tell me what you use for vegan butter? Is it margarine?
Yes margarine 🙂
I baked these and they were delicious but they got extremely soft the day after, the crisp had disappeared and I was left with a crumbling cookies. Are these meant to be eaten straight away or should they be kept in the fridge?
Best to eat them fast but you can store them in the fridge and they will stick together from the cold.
Can I substitute vegan butter for olive oil or coconut oil? As I do not eat butter😊 looks delish!
sadly not, they get too crumbly with oil and will not hold.
Hi! These look delicious 😋
Quick question: Do you think this recipe would work as thumb-print cookies instead? I just don’t have any cookie cutters haha