I actually don’t know why people would think that making crepes or pancakes are more time consuming than any other breakfast. Since I have my new blender from Schwingerprinz, I started making the pancake mixture in there and it takes me less than 10 minutes to blend the ingredients and bake the crepes?
Easy 3-ingredient vegan Crepes made in under 10 minutes
These basic crepes only contain natural ingredients and are 100% dairy and refined sugar-free.
The recipe can be refined with superfoods, filled with creams, topped with fruits or chocolate or simply made plain.
Don’t believe me? Try it for yourself!
The batter is easy peasy. The only thing you might not know is a flax egg. But I got you covered!
A fake egg also called flax egg is a vegan egg replacement that works in a variety of vegan recipes.
To make it you need:
1 Tbsp flaxseed meal (ground raw flaxseed)
2 full Tbsp warm tap water
Combine flaxseed meal and water and stir. Add to the mixture as said in the recipe below.
- 1 cup All-Purpose gluten-free flour (substitute half of it with buckwheat flour works as well)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 flax egg
- Pro tip: Add a splash of sparkling water for extra fluffiness!
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- Optional: Vanilla Extract if you LOVE Vanilla
- Sift the flour into your blender or a medium size mixing bowl if you don't have one.
- Add the almond milk, maple syrup, (sparkling water)and the flax egg and start to blend or mix in well in the bowl when you are doing it without the blender.
- Crucial: Once done, put the batter for 10 minutes into the fridge. This allows the dough to breathe and the process will allow ultimate fluffiness later on.
- Put about 1 tsp of coconut oil into a large nonstick skillet over low heat. (you might want to repeat this process when making more than 3 crepes.
- Now carefully swirl the batter around the pan. As you want your batter to be quite thin, you need to be able to pour in the batter and then instantly swirl it around the pan so that it spreads out into a thin crepe.
- Cook until the dough forms little bubbles and the edges are starting to come off, the flip to the other side
- Decorate with fresh fruits, coconut cream or homemade Nutella