Today it’s all about the snack on the go.Those Gluten-free Matcha Energy Bars with raw chocolate are plant-based, healthy, made in under 2 minutes and therefore the perfect to-go snack.
So, since these bars are for people who don’t really have a lot of time to prepare food and are in need of healthy snacks, I will not talk much and just go straight to the recipe. Just allow me to tell you why these bars are good for you. They contain:
- Nuts and seeds, which are good for plant -based protein, healthy fats, fiber,
- Matcha with antioxidants and flavonoids which are good for enhanced mood, an improved memory, and they promote better concentration
- No refined sugar I used agave and maple syrup but you can substitute with rice syrup or honey if not vegan
Alright, that’s all. This post is as short and easy as these Gluten-free Matcha Energy Bars with raw chocolate.
hope you give these bars a go! I would be very happy to see your own version on Social Media! Share it with me on my on Instagram @vanillacrunnch or leave a comment here!
- ⅔ cup popped quinoa
- ⅓ cup buckwheat
- 1 cup almonds. roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice (I used cranberries)
- ⅔ cup agave syrup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp matcha powder
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- Combine all the ingredients with a spatula in a bowl until you have a sticky mass
- Press the mass in a rectangular tin and freeze while you make the coating
- For the coating heat the coconut oil with the maple syrup, then add the cacao powder and pour over the matcha mix.
- Freeze again for 1 hour, then slice in the shape you like
- They can be stored in an air tight container up to 1 week.