Zucchini bread was yesterday! – Try these healthy cauliflower chocolate muffins which do not only contain a hidden veggie but are also vegan and gluten-free.
If you guys know me, then you know how I like to combine a treat with health benefits. Since you guys went crazy about my Sauerkraut Chocolate cake, I thought I can continue including healthy veggies in sweets.
These healthy cauliflower chocolate muffins are the perfect combination of nutrients and flavor. You can either make them plain or add jam in the center and whipped soy cream on top.
Or leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 1½ cup cauliflower (300g), steamed and pureed
- ¾ cup rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 60g coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal plus 6 tbsp warm water)
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup sugarfree chocolate drops
- Raspberry jam
- soy whipped cream
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a jar, combine the flax meal with the water and let soak for about 10 minutes
- in a medium bowl, combine the rice flour with the baking powder, cacao, sugar and salt.
- Add the flax mixture and cauliflower puree and combine everything.
- Add the chocolate drops and fill into silicon molds.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool down and if you fancy fill with raspberry jam and top with soy or coconut whipped cream