For those times when life requires something chocolaty (pretty much at any time of the year, week, day) and you just want to make something quick in under 10 minutes ; I’ve got you covered with these extremely simple and yet so delicious Chocolate Chia seeds truffles. The truffles are
refined sugar free
Although the recipe is wholesome and nutritious, just made with real ingredients, you could certainly serve to any and all of the people in your life and not just the gluten free and vegan hippies and hipsters.
I decided to add real Italian hazelnuts to these chocolate truffles to give them a little textural pleasure. If you are allergic to nuts then you can simply skip them making the recipe nut-free or you substitute them 1:1 with fine oats. You can do some with and some without and combine and exchange as you like.
Now your challenge will be not to eat them all in one day.
Good luck with that.
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Soak the chia seeds in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, place hazelnuts and dates and mix until a mealy dough is formed.
- Add cacao powder, maple syrup, melted coconut oil and vanilla and soaked chia seeds and pulse until well combined.
- Put the mixture into a small bowl and leave in the fridge for about 15 minutes or until hardened a little
- With a spoon or your hand, form balls and roll them in cacao powder.