Are you looking for a healthier vegan „Cini minis“ alternative? Try these veganized homemade Cinnamon Crunch Flakes with less sugar and no additives.
Cini Minis ALWAYS reminds me of my childhood. After school, I came home and I could not imagine a better thing than eating bowls of Cini Minis, while watching Pokémon. I think it is this cold milk and cinnamon combination that totally drives my taste buds nuts. in a good way!
Now, why did I made my own „Cini Minis“ you might ask. Well, I am not really fond of the high amount of sugar in them. The second mentioned ingredient on the packaging is sugar. And that is not all, they also contain dextrose, maltodextrose and glucose syrup. A real sugar cocktail!
Well, I said, let’s invest 30 minutes of my time and make a sheet of Homemade Vegan Cinnamon Crunch Flakes aka „Cini minis“.
To make the dough I used spelt and chickpea flour but I am sure that you could substitute these with other flours. Just experiment! When you roll out the dough, make sure you really roll it out thin enough, otherwise, your cinnamon flakes will be more like cookies (which actually isn’t a bad thing after all)
Do you also love Pinterest? You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch
You can post this Collage picture on Pinterest to find the recipe again later 🙂
Alright where are you all your Cini Minis Cinnamon Freaks? It is now your turn! I am looking forward seeing your creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can leave me a comment here.
Happy Cinnamon Flakes Baking!
- 1 Cup Spelt
- ¼ Cup Chickpea
- 2 Tsp baking soda
- ½ Cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil, room temperature
- ⅓ cup oat milk
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- In a bowl combine the flours with the baking soda and the salt
- Add the coconut oil, oat milk, coconut sugar, vanilla
- Knead until you have a homogenous dough
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Roll out the dough on a
parchment linedbaking sheet
- Slice the dough in both ways, so you have small squares (a pizza cutter works best but you can also use a knife)
- Brush the little squares with the melted coconut oil (1 Tbsp)
- Combine the remaining coconut sugar (1/4 cup) with 1 tsp cinnamon, and sprinkle on top
- Bake for 12-14 min or until golden brown