Usually, I don’t post my oatmeal recipes as they are not really recipes but rather me throwing everything from my pantry in a bowl and hope it tastes good. As so many of you were asking about plant-based protein, I thought to post my favorite sweet protein loaded breakfast. It’s a very easy to make „Overnight oatmeal with 20g of plant-based protein.„
I don’t know why you clicked on this post. Maybe because I caught your attention with the 20gr of protein and you thought you should increase your protein intake. Maybe you thought the picture looked appealing and you wanted to have a glance at the recipe. Or
- Maybe because I caught your attention with the 20gr of protein and you thought you should increase your protein intake.
- Maybe you thought the picture looked appealing and you wanted to have a glance at the recipe.
- Maybe you are just a really nice person, who reads my blog posts as a matter of principle (Thanks, mate :))
Whatever brought you here, let me tell you some things about protein. I think it’s important to get in enough protein but there is no need to overemphasize on this. If you are eating a lot of veggies, fruits, nuts and balance it out with good starch sources, you are all good. At least for me, I never experienced any side effects, since leaving out protein coming from animals. I wrote a post about this where I discuss the topic: „SHOULD I START EATING MEAT AGAIN BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PROTEIN?“ You can check it out if you are interested.
As everyone has some spare time before going to bed to make this, there is no longer any excuse for not eating a delicious and satisfying breakfast, no matter how busy your mornings are!
You can really don’t mess this up. When it comes to toppings feel free to go crazy. I add whatever I have at home and usually end up with half a sliced banana, seasonal fruits (fresh or frozen), granola, chocolate, peanut butter, almond butter, pistachios…
Let me know your favorite toppings in the comments!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅓ cup millet
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp chickpeas
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- In your food processor, blend half of the banana with the chickpeas and the maple syrup until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small pan heat the milk with the vanilla and cinnamon and then add the oats, millet, and chia seeds.
- Stir for y few minutes before pouring into the bowl with the chickpea-banana mixture
- Fold in sliced almonds, crushed walnuts, hemp seeds.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- Decorate with fruits, more nuts or any toppings you desire the next morning.