PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME PEANUT BUTTER JELLY CHOCOLATE JAR TIME
Alright, as you might have read in my latest blog post I was a peanut butter virgin for more than 20 years. I actually don’t really know how this could happen. Maybe because Peanut Butter is not that popular in Switzerland? Don’t know.
Anyway, now that I know about this glorious incomparable existence of blended Peanuts I am making up the lost years by having peanut butter at least weekly on my menu.
When speaking about Peanut butter, many Americans will automatically think about jelly. The recipe I am presenting you today is a tribute to the famous peanut butter jelly toast.
Basically, Peanut Butter Jelly in a jar refined with chocolate and coconut whipped cream
Just if you were wondering, the recipe is a 100% vegan, there is no refined sugar added and it makes a great dessert for every occasion.
I topped the layers with coconut whipped cream, which is totally additional and with chunks of Square bars new Peanut butter protein bar. (totally mandatory ;))
I really like the crunchiness of the Chocolate bar added to the parfait and I feel that chocolate adds quite well to peanut butter and jelly.
This si another great recipe where you could try Coconut whipped cream in a different form than plain. You can find more about the kinds of coconut milk I recommend in this blogpost.
Hope you enjoy!
- 1 can chilled, full-fat coconut milk (you'll just need the hardened part)
- 5 tbsp no sugar added creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ½ cup red berries
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Sweetener of your choice (I used vanilla Xucker)
- Chill your coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- Open the can and take out the hardened part
- Mix until fluffy and cream for about 1 minute
- Gradually add the peanut butter
- Add agave syrup, vanilla and salt until well combined
- In a bowl chill for 1 hour in the fridge
- For the jam place berries in a saucepan with a splash of water over medium heat.
- Add Sweetener of your choice
- Once they have cooked down a bit, remove from heat and stir in the chia seeds
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Layer the jar with the peanut butter whipped cream and Jam and peanuts and Squarebar chunks as you prefer.
- You can add some plain coconut whipped cream and chocolate sauce as well to make it look pretty