The ultimate chocolate lovers snack.
Raw Chocolate Protein Bar
The best part? They are vegan and guilt-free and made just from real ingredients!
I love them because they are very practical as a take-with-me snack for during the week. Therefore, I made them on Sunday so I will have a snack on Monday and Tuesday. You can easily double the ingredients and then you’ll have some in reserve for the whole week 🙂
When I decided that I wanted to cut back on sugar, all these recipes for nutritious yet fully delicious homemade snacks were my life savers. Often we try so hard but when we see candy in the store and we have nothing else available..ah well, it happens so fast 😉
I am happy when you guys try my recipe, let me know how you like it!
- 3 tbsp Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- 4 tbsp Hemp seeds
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp protein powder of choice
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- melted raw chocolate for drizzle
- Pulse the hazelnuts,dates, chia and hemp in a blender until well combined but not fine
- Add the cacao powder,protein powder, agave syrup, almond milk, vanilla and salt
- Add protein powder if using and mix.
- Spread on parchment (or in a rectangular silicon tin) using a spatula or your hands
- Chill in the freezer until set.
- Drizzle with chocolate and decorate with more nuts and seeds and finally slice into bars