I don’t know how many of you are familiar with raw baking. Maybe you always had some concerns about this unbaked cakes and tarts which are currently all over Instagram. But NO FEAR! For most of them, the crucial part is to have a good blender and then they are easier to make than any baked cake or cookie. Of course, not everyone has a high-speed blender and especially when you live in a students home or when you are traveling, you don’t have access to equipment like this.
Therefore, I made a version of Raw Vegan Coconut Cakes for which you don’t need a blender or any fancy equipment. Perfect for first raw baking attempts. Your hands, a silicon tin and a bowl will do the job.
As I had no blender in my students home, I decided to fill my cakes with store-bought coconut yogurt. But of course, if you are fully equipped with a good blender, I recommend trying the homemade coconut yogurt version, which I added for you below.
2 cups soft coconut flesh
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tbsp coconut blossom syrup
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
Method: For the filling,place all ingredients in your blender and process until well combined. This might take up to 3-5 minutes until everything is smooth and well combined.
So this was part 3 of my easy student-kitchen vegan baking series. I hope you have fun and let me know in the comments if you have a dessert in mind that you want me to make in my student kitchen.
- 1 cup fine shredded coconut
- ½ cup (50 g) quinoa flour (white flour or coconut flour or oat flour work as well)
- ½ cup (120 g) coconut oil, room temperature but not liquid
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1½ cup (170 g) vegan coconut yogurt (substitute: soy yogurt or greek yogurt)
- Combine all the crust ingredients together and pat up the sides and over the bottom of the muffin tin.
- I recommend using silicon tin as it will be easier to get the cups out without damaging the edges.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Fill the cups with the yogurt filling and decorate with fresh summer fruits and drizzle with coconut blossom sugar.
Green Smoothie Gourmet meint
How awesome are you Lara! To think up healthy recipes for no-equipment situations! I think they are useful even for when we are too busy to clean our equipment. You are genius…Love from DC! Dee xx.
Hi Lara! Do you eat them frozen?
Hi 🙂 no I take them out of the fridge 30 minutes before eating 🙂
This is such a cool recipe! Who knew that you didn’t need a blender for raw vegan desserts?!
Yummy! Das sieht lecker aus! Danke für deine Blogadresse auf SHAREAT.ch – bin froh deinen Blog dadurch entdeckt zu haben 🙂
Sehr gerne! Ich bin froh euch entdeckt zu haben! Würde mich freuen euch mal zu treffen ????