Today I like to show you a recipe for healthy Spirulina Blissballs with homemade Nutella drizzle. I know there are a million recipes for Blissballs, all of them claiming to be the best. But is there a bad recipe for Blissballs anyway? I don’t think there is.
Blissballs are so simple and you can actually mix in whatever you want as long as they stick somehow together. I’ve tried many different variations and last week I made them with the superfood Spirulina and decided to drizzle them with chocolate, because…mhhh I like chocolate. The recipe for the vegan Nutella can be found here. Of course it is totally fine if you do it without the vegan Nutella. What you actually also can do is adding a tbsp cacao powder to the recipe to make them smell like chocolate balls.
Further I have a friend from Instagram (and also some friends in real life ;)) who are allergic to nuts so I thought I try to make the balls also nut-free this time. (Nut-free balls what??)
ANYWAY feel free to add all variations of nuts to the recipe if you like.
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup flax seed
- 5 dates, pitted, (soaked a little if you have a weak blender)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 tbsp Spirulina
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Option: add a tbsp of cacao powder if you are not friends with spirulina
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until a sticky mixture forms.
- Then use your hands to form the balls and put them in the fridge for about an hour.
- Drizzle with Nutella and eat!
- Makes approx 6 balls depending on how big you make them (double the recipe for 12)