I am so sorry to annoy you with another Ice Cream post.
BUT it is almost the end of summer and I want to celebrate the number 1 dessert for summer for the last time. I bet there is no better way than with fruity fresh coconut mango popsicles. The taste of mango and coconut gives me the feeling that this summer lasts forever. I am taking all the good memories with me and I save them for a cold winters day.
Vegan Mango coconut Popsicles
800 mL canned coconut milk
100 grams (heaping 1/2 cup) granulated sugar or you could use Stevia
1 fresh mango
2 tsp soymilk
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the coconut milk with the sugar until the sugar and the coconut oil have mixed in and dissolved.
2. Stir the mango and mix in some soymilk
3. Prepare popsicles by placing cups in muffin pans to hold them and then filling each til they are 1/3 full with either mango or the sweetened coconut milk. Freeze at least 1 hour or until the base is completely frozen.
4. Top with 1/3 of either mango nectar or sweetened coconut milk. This time freeze for only 30 to 45 minutes, or until the second layer is slushy and half frozen, enough so that you can place a popsicle stick in each and it will hold on its own. Return the popsicles to the freezer and freeze the second layer til it’s solid (about 30 more min).
5. Top with a final layer of mango nectar or coconut milk. Freeze overnight.