The more I try to come up with fancy Christmas cookies the more I fall back into the most classical ones. HAHA
No, seriously there is just no way you cannot make Chocolate Chip Cookies for Christmas.
And because we are feeling festive we are going the extra mile and doing The best vegan Chocolate chip cookie Sandwiches.
Are you with me?
It is like the BEST COOKIE THINGY YOU CAN DO.
Although it might no be very festive it totally makes up for it with the amazing taste!
For the filling, I found a pretty convenient way. Once I whipped up the coconut milk (recipe here) I added a little vanilla and filled it into this kind of ring (it is used to make starters or whatever ;)) and then freeze it for 20 minutes. Feel free to go crazy and add cacao powder to make choco coco loco filling.
The ring looks like this:
Once it is half frozen I can slice little discs that fit between the cookies. When you click on the ring you see the german amazon page with details. I have NO IDEA how this thing is called in Englisch! So dear Americans and Canadians please tell me and I will add an American amazon link 🙂
- 1¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut sugar (substitute with cane sugar)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup rice milk
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp stevia (optional)
- ½ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two 9x13 inch baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk and ground flax seed and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract, stevia and flax seed mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips (or decorate at the end).
- Now roll the dough in a plastic wrap like w worm.
- Keep in the fridge for about 1 hour
- when the dough is ready you should be able to cut little discs and place them at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Now decorate with more chocolate chips
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Eat cookies the way they are or make Cookie Sandwiches
You can NEVER go wrong with the classic chocolate chip cookie! These sandwiches are almost too cute to eat! Almost 🙂
So right! Just hard to eat 🙂
Haha they’re called cookie cutters!!! Definitely trying this out yum!
Yeah!! Thanks so much!!
So for the filling you just mix coconut cream with vanilla and then put it in the freezer?
Yes! I added some liquid stevia as well as I like it sweet 🙂