It is actually a little embarrassing to tell you this…
I have never had nor done a banana bread until today. I have no idea why. How could that AWESOMENESS not have caught my attention before? I feel like I have wasted a bit of my life.
SO, I will make it up to you dear banana bread. Last Sunday we had an amazing brunch and my friend Fanny brought this banana bread with a chocolate layer. The fact that there is something with chocolate on is reason enough for me to taste it. When I tried that first bite, that slightly warm banana and chocolate flavor in my mouth, I went straight to heaven and never back.
Finally, to make the perfect slice, I topped it with my heavenly VEGAN NUTELLA SPREAD
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 390F (200°)
- Combine the mashed bananas, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and the chia seed water mixture into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flours and the baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Last add the milk.
- Take about ⅓ of the batter and mix it with the cacao powder and the almond milk
- Pour the plain batter into a lined loaf tin and top with the chocolate half. Take a knife and “cut” through the batter a couple of times to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into the middle comes out clean.
- Let it cool for a bit before slicing.
- Top with melted chocolate before serving
This post is dedicated to my friends Fanny, who came up with this genius chocolate-banana bread idea!