I made over 20 different types of brownies but these are definitely The BEST vegan gluten-free Brownies, I’ve ever made.
I am a huge brownie lover. Of course, it is mainly chocolate and more chocolate. When I started Vanillacrunnch, I made my first brownies and called them raw orange infused brownies. Don’t judge the pictures, Iw as just starting my food blogger business. Then my brownie journey led me to low-fat sweet potato brownies. A winner I made over and over again.
What would chocolate be without a little coffee flavor? Say hello to the 2016 one bowl espresso brownies. In 2017 I made a brownie combined with fudge and called it a fudgy vegan double chocolate brownie. Jap very creative, I know.
Then last christmas, I’ve experimented with the fusion of gingerbread and brownies. My new favorite special brownie from then on was the Gingerbread Brownie with a luscious dark chocolate ganache
Now, we have 2019 and I am proudly presenting you the best vegan gluten-free brownies. I mean those are the best for me and my personal taste. I like brownies fudgy and sticky and chocolatey
The perfect brownie
Here are two main tips on how I achieved this consistency.
- First, I used Aquafaba. This somehow reacts like eggwhites and give the brownie the nice crust.
- Second, I put the brownies on the balcony (in winter) or in the fridge once they are cooled down a little from the oven. This hardens the coconut oil immediately and the brownie gets very sticky and loses the fluff (of course if you like a warm fluffy brownie, go for it and store them in an air-tight container in the house.
If you have time I recommend making these vegan gluten-free Brownies while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the pictures below to your Pinterest Board and find the recipe later. Also check out my Pinterest profile Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
I am looking forward to seeing your brownie creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- ½ cup rice flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup dark chocolate (4.6 oz / 130gr)
- Aquafaba from one can of chickpeas
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp sugar of choice (I used coconut sugar)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- In a small pan melt the dark chocolate and put aside
- in a medium bowl combine the flour with the cornstarch, baking soda and salt
- In another bowl combine the almond butter with the cacao powder, sugar and vanilla
- Add the melted chocolate and the flour mixture to the bowl and combine
- Wisk the aquafaba liquid until stiff and slowly add to the mixture
- Add the apple vinegar but don't overmix!
- Last, add the chocolate chips and spread the mixture on a baking tray
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes and the store at a cool place. Either your balcony in winter or your fridge
Thank you for the recipe! Can you substitute rice flour with anything and cornstarch with something like xantham gum? Thank you! Happy New Years!
Yes should be fine with any other flour. Let me know 😉
WOW these brownies look amazing! Sofudgy!
Hello! When should I add the coconut oil? Would any other oil work as well?
in this case I would use coconut oil