It looks to good to be good for you? Say hello to your new favorite healthy, plant-based Nutella Cake!
Let me start like this: I do not want to spoil this amazing Raw Nutella Cake recipe post, because it deserves the most attention and love it can gets. However, I feel like I would like to share some thoughts with you guys which are lately on my mind. As some of you might know I recently started my Youtube channel and I am such a beginner that I have like 4 hours to cut one video plus additional hours for filming. I really like doing it and all the sweet comments under the videos make me feel like there is something good in what I am doing and some people actually enjoy watching it. I am not a shy person. Like NOT AT ALL! However when it comes to Social Media I am afraid to cross a line and show „too much“. You know what I mean? I came across this Greys Anatomy quote to which I could really relate to.
It’s scary to reveal everything about ourselves. Fear makes us hold ourselves back. Is that so wrong? Maybe, probably. But still, it helps to be a little sneaky, a little protective. It’s not safe to just blurt out all our secrets. We can’t just lay all the truth out there, expose ourselves to God and everybody. Cause once the truth’s out, we have to face it ourselves.
So I might do a video with just me talking to the camera, getting out of my cocoon and talking a little bit more about my background and my personality.
Ok now enough of the whining and thinking about the future 🙂
Say Hello to the best vegan Nutella Cake I made so far – better than the original because it is way more flavor intensive and I avoid using all the nasty stuff such as refined sugar, unhealthy fats or additives.. Tender and smooth with chocolate, hazelnuts and coconut, perfect for I am craving chocolate nights, snowy morning brunches, afternoon coffee breaks, or birthday partys.
When you ask yourself what people like about Nutella, you’d probably get the answer: „Because of its creaminess“, „because it tastes so unique“, „because of that hazelnut-chocolate flavor. I tried to incorporate all the flavors in order to give it that Nutella smell you all love. The roasted hazelnuts from the crust will infuse the whole cake and the chocolate will make it complete.
Try it! If you end up not liking it, feel free to send it to me.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
- 10 Dates (pitted)
- ⅔ cup raw Cacao
- 3 tbs Coconut oil, melted
- 2½ cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup hazelnut butter (store bought or home made)
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- ⅓ cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Before doing anything else, make your house smell like an incredible hazelnut bakery house 🙂 Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spread the shelled hazelnuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer, place in the middle of the oven and roast for 12 minutes.(you can also do it in a pan, the result will be the same)
- Now, in the food processor place all the ingredients and blend at high speed until a crumbly and sticky texture forms. Press the mix with your fingers in a round spring form cake tin. Make sure you spread it evenly. let sit in the freezer until the filling is ready.
- Again use your food processor and blend the cashews, agave syrup, milk, vanilla extract and salt. This may take a while but stay strong and give your processor some time. You might want to stir it from time to time. Once the mix is smooth, add the hazelnut butter, melted coconut oil and cocoa powder and blend until fully incorporated.
- Spread the filling overtop the crust and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Once taking out of the freezer you can store it in the fridge for 2 days. Maybe three but believe me it will be gone in one.
Hope you enjoy and don’t forget to tag me in your creations.