This vegan Black Forest Cake with Raspberries version is made with spelt flour, refined sugar-free and therefore much more nutritious than the original version.Well, first of all, I need to confess that I exchange the traditional cherries with some late summer raspberries. I don’t like cherries in cakes don’t ask me why.
As many of you might don’t know; black forest cake is my favorite cake! I like the layers of thick cream combined with a deep chocolate cake, lightened up with fresh tangy raspberries.
The cake actually looks more difficult but it is super easy to make! You make one basic cake and slice it into 3 round pieces. Then you whip up the cream, layer the cake and tada finished!
Time for Vegan Black Forest Cake with Raspberries
If you have time I recommend making this Vegan Black Forest Cake with Raspberries while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the picture below to your Pinterest Board and find the recipe later 🙂 You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
- 2½ cup spelt flour
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1½ cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)
- 1½ cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- ⅓ cup warm water
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 3 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1½ Tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 cup raspberry jelly
- 1 cup soy cream mixed with 2 packs of cream stabilizer and 1 tbsp powder sugar and ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup shredded dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 355F and oil brush your cake pan.
- Carefully melt your dark chocolate and let it cool down for several minutes
- I a bowl, combine the sugar with the coconut oil and the peanut butter
- Add the melted chocolate.
- I another bowl combine the flour with the chocolate powder, the baking powder and salt
- One after another add the flour mixture and the milk and water to the sugar-oil mixture until everything is well combined
- Last, add the apple cider and then pour into your cake pan
- Bake the cake at 355F for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- slice cake into 3 layers
- Put the jelly on the bottom and spread some fresh raspberries as well
- For the second layer whip the cream with the powdered sugar and vanilla and spread.
- Cover with the third layer and spread more whipped cream on top and finally decorate with shredded chocolate and raspberries