Hello Cookie Lovers and Peanut buttercup enthusiasts. Here is something for you. With Halloween just around the corner, you’re maybe a little bit bummed about the lack of easily-accessible, awesome vegan candy options. But hey why not trying something home-made „healthier“ this Halloween?
Take the best chocolate chip Cookie dough recipe and combine it with Peanutbutter Chocolate cups. Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cups are their love child’s.
When making the filling you might want to use another flour or you don’t want to use the protein powder. No worries. On purpose, I did not write an exact amount of milk you add. Adjust the amount until you have a consistency sticky enough to form a roundish construct. It should not be crumbly but please add the milk carefully as you don’t want to have a liquid dough! So the biggest challenge here is actually not forming the Cookie dough balls but rather not eating the whole thing until it is in the chocolate cups.
Oh, and one last thing. Kids will probably flip out when they see these on your candy tray. I can’t be held accountable for any tummy aches sustained as a result.
For the raw version, just use cacao nibs instead of chocolate chips.
For the cups instead of melting vegan chocolate you need:
1/3 cup raw unsweetened cacao powder
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 tbsp of a liquid sweetener (I used maple syrup but agave nectar or date syrup works as well)
To make the raw chocolate simply whisk together, the ingredients until well combined. Feel free to add fine salt, vanilla extract, ginger or superfoods such as maca or Acai as you like.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp vegan protein powder, vanilla (totally optional!)
- 3 tbsp coconut
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- a dash of almond milk (add as much until the desired consistency occurs.)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- as much dark chocolate chips (or cacao nibs) as you like (think I added 2 tbsp chips and 1 tbsp cacao nibs ish)
- 7 oz dark vegan chocolate, broken in pieces (200gr)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips.You can use a mixer, but I actually enjoyed combining it with my hands (I am a creep and I love dough!)
- Fold in chocolate chips and let sit.
- In a double boiler or microwave, slowly melt the chocolate and the coconut oil, stirring frequently
- Pour a small dollop of chocolate inside a cupcake liner (just as much as that the bottom is covered) and also try to cover the insights of the cupcake liner a little.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Place a chocolate chip cookie dough disc (in the middle) on the chocolate bottom and pour over the rest of the chocolate-coconut oil mix, until fully covered.
- Place muffin tin in
refrigeratoruntil chocolate sets.