When life gives you chocolate and coconut make a Vegan Chocolate Ganache Pie! Seriously this pie is so good I made it two days in a row in different versions. I share with you my second version because I think this one has the perfect smooth consistency. I don’t have anything else to write about it you simply have to try it and ask my questions whenever some are popping up! I also appreciate every feedback when you decide to make this dark and decadent pie.
I am in love with the chocolate from Alter Eco!Not only do I love the chocolate but I really like the design of the packaging and the message inside. Their mission is global transformation through ethical relationships with small-scale farmers, and an integral sustainability orientation at every point on the supply chain. My favorite is the dark sea salt. „Every bite is the perfect balance of salty and darkly sweet, confirming there’s nothing better than when the two come together.“ Second favorite: The dark quinoa!
- 1½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ¾ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup raw coconut oil
- ⅓ cup raw agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces of vegan sea salt chocolate (I prefer Alter Eco but any other dark chocolate works as well)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until evenly moist.
- The dough should be a little sticky and you should be able to press it into a lightly greased round baking tin.
- Bake for about 5 minutes but always keep an eye on the oven. The crust is ready when slightly brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool down for at least 20 minutes.
- For the filling place the chopped chocolate(pieces) in a small bowl
- Heat the coconut milk and the coconut oil in
a ina small pot and then pour over the chocolate.
- Don't do anything for the next 2 minutes
- Then mix carefully until all the chocolate is melted.
- Add vanilla and cacao powder and agave syrup and then pour the chocolate ganache evenly over the chilled crust.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours, until the
- Sprinkle a bit fine sea salt as a garnish and serve.