Cookies! Cream! Cookies! Cream! Let’s agree we love both parts of the wonderful Oreo cookies! As a tribute to the wonderful black n’ white combination, I created a Vegan Cookies and Cream Cake.
The cake is also made entirely raw, except for the OREOS. I tried to keep it healthy by leaving out any refined sugar or additives. All the ingredients are natural and are neither sugared or changed with nasties.
I made the Cake the day before I started my new job. It kind of calms me down to bake and create in situations like these. I first wanted to create a chocolate cake and then I though I’d rather make a white New York style cheesecake. Ah..too boring! As life is never just black or white I decided on a black n’ white amalgamation. Very philosophical
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 crushed Oreos
- Cream layer
- 1½ cups cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup melted cocoa butter
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp liquid stevia (optional)
- Cookie layer
- ½ cup cacao butter
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 very ripe avocados
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut cream*
- For the crust, blend all ingredients in the food processor. Mix longer if you like the nuts in a finer consistency. If you like it chunky do not blend longer than 15 seconds!
- With your fingers press the crust into a 9″ springform pan
- For the cream layer, combine the soaked cashews, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sea salt, agave syrup, coconut oil, and cocoa butter. Blend till smooth. Be patient as this may take a while
- Once a smooth consistency has formed, you take the mixture out of the blender and combine it with the coconut cream
- Divide the mixture and put ½ of it on the crust and the in the freezer until the cookies layer is ready
- For the cookie layer, you start with melting the cacao butter at low heat in a small pan
- Meanwhile, blend the cashews with the avocados, agave syrup, cacao powder and cinnamon until really fine
- Add the cacao butter and coconut cream with a spatula until well combined. Don't overmix!
- With a spoon add some scoops of the cookie layer over the cream layer
- Pour over the second cream layer and finish with the cookie layer
- Freeze for 1 hour and decorate with berries and chocolate sauce before serving
*To make the coconut cream, place your can of full-fat coconut milk (coconut extract has to be over 70%) in the fridge overnight. Then take the coconut milk out of the fridge and spoon off the really thick stuff on top. Put it in your mixing bowl add stevia or other sweetener and mix until it’s thick!