How are all the Christmas preparations going? I already bought two, means only 200 to go…HAHA
Today I had some extra time in the kitchen, so I thought I would whip up a vegan caramel.
Well, not a simple vegan caramel but a Vegan Gingerbread infused Caramel
This is a new twist to an easy classical recipe and brings an extra Christmas flavor to it.
Best thing about it: You just need 4 ingredients
It is done in 10 minutes and you can store it in the fridge up to one week.
Recipe with the caramel with follow the next days.
- 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp agave syrup (rice and maple syrup work as well)
- 1 heaped tbsp gingerbread spice
- A pinch of salt
- Place the coconut milk, syrup, gingerbread spice and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes or until you see that a sticky texture forms.
- (be patient!)
- Place in a jar and refrigerate until cool. The caramel will thicken once cooled down