An oatmeal bowl that tastes exactly like a vanilla cake just without the nasties and instead packed with healthy proteins from nuts- fuel your morning with this healthy dish and never worry about your proteins anymore. This is how my Vegan gluten-free, Protein packed Vanilla Oatmeal came to live.
With everyone warning me about the side effect of a plant-based diet I set my goal on incorporating natural proteins already in the morning. This morning, I set out on a mission to create a higher protein oatmeal that could easily be done in 20 minutes or packed for breakfast on the go.
The Oatmeal has a very thick and creamy texture due to the coconut flour and reminds me of vanilla batter I used to eat as a kid.
Notice that I added vanilla protein powder in my recipe below. I use the one that I ordered from Foodspring since I really like the natural vanilla taste. If you are uncomfortable with protein powder simply substitute with 1 tbsp of coconut flour or leave it out completely. It will still taste amazing.
- ½ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup of almond milk
- ¼ cup tap water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 tsp peanut butter (I used the smooth one from Foodspring)
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder from Foodspring)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- rolled oats, edible flowers and sliced fruits of choice for topping
- Combine oats, milk, and vanilla in a saucepan and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed. Reduce heat and whisk in the chia seeds and whisk until fluffy. (Chia seeds might take up to 2 minutes until fully swollen up.
- Stir in the vanilla protein powder, maple syrup, sliced almonds and coconut flour until fully combined
- If the mixture is extremely thick add the extra ¼ cup of tap water
- In a bowl covered with foil leave in the fridge for one hour before adding your toppings and starting to eat.
I also love using coconut flour in oatmeal–great way to make it thicker and fluffier! I’d probably sub mine with chocolate protein powder just because I hate vanilla protein though XD
I think it would be awesome with chocolate as well! 😀
Looks fabulous! Any thoughts on a completely grain free granola?
thanks Jess! Actually I don0t really know it! What do you think about it? U usually make my own granola and sometimes store-bought as I am not gluten intollerant.
Oh Gott, sieht das gut aus! Wo zauberst du jetzt auf deinen reisen bloß die ganzen tollen Rezepte her?
Lena | http://www.healthylena.de
Hi Lara, that is a really stunning bowl. Love your feed and your blog! Great work. Keep going on
Dee | Green Smoothie Gourmet says
Love vanilla oatmeal, and that you added peanut butter! You sure know how to make oatmeal epic!!