I’ll admit that I’m a creature of habit. Especially when it comes down to breakfast. guess it has been over 5 years of me not getting tired of oatmeal. I was never a huge fan of chia pudding for breakfast as I always saw it more as a snack than a meal. Ok, today I am a little rebel and I am changing the game by creating a super delicious, nutritious breakfast with Chia
I thought I’d combine two super healthy things like matcha powder and chia seeds. And to even make it better I added some of my healthy raw chocolate mousse on top. Todaaa here we go with a Vegan Matcha Green tea Pudding.
Besides, that this was a super delicious breakfast, I almost forgot how good chia seeds are for you. In a one ounce serving, you get 12 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and lots of calcium and other vitamins. I even added a little more plant-based protein and extra crunnch with my beloved Square bars. The white thing you see on top is coconut whipped cream and if you are super fancy you can even make the cream green by adding some matcha powder before you whip it.
Be sure you tag me on Instagram, when you try my recipe. <3
- 2 cups coconut milk
- ⅔ cup chia seeds
- 1 tbsp matcha powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Square bars for decoration
- Place coconut milk, matcha powder and vanilla extract into a saucepan, and warm over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chia seeds to a small bowl and pour the warm milk over the chia seeds
- Stir continuously for about 3 minutes while the chia seeds absorb the milk.
- Divide and fill into little jars layered with coconut cream and chocolate mousse