Good evening ladies and gents
I am not really in a writing mood. I would rather just present you the recipe for these espresso infused brownies. And don’t forget to put a little piece of chocolate in the middle of the muffin to surprise your guests or yourself 😉 With the recipe below, I made 4 little (ok tiny ;)) muffins (all for me!). For big ones or 8 small ones, simply double the recipe.
I hope you enjoy!
EDIT 11/16/15: There are kind of flours which soak a lot of the liquid, so your dough tends to get very sticky. In this case, add some warm water or almond milk to make it more „dough“ like. (Thank you Mareen for this observation!)
Vegan moist Chocolate Espresso Muffins
- ¾ cup oat flour (substitute:
all purpose flour,riceflour)
- ⅓ cup strong espresso
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (substitute: olive oil)
- 1 heaped tsp baking soda
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or use a silicon tin
- Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking soda, and salt together in a middle sized bowl until well combined. (sift the dry ingredients, if you deal with clumpy flour or
- In a small bowl, mix together the freshly made espresso (or water plus espresso powder), vinegar, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Combine both the dry and the wet bowls ingredients.
- with a spoon place the batter into the cupcake liners, filling them about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, but check with a bamboo skewer already at 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan
For the „frosting“, you either just melt vegan chocolate in a pan and then pour over cooled muffins and decorate with sliced almonds and hazelnuts. For my version I was inspired by Topwithcinnamon by her three ingredient fudge sauce where I simply combined in a blender 1/4 cup pitted dates (soaked overnight for smoothness)
1/3 cup almond or cashew milk and 2 tbsp cocoa powder
They look absolutely fantastic but the recipe didn’t work out for me. I followed your instructions, but the dough got so sticky, nearly like a pudding. And it was only enough dough for 4 muffins?! How many were you able to make?
Hello Marleen, can you name me the brand of the flour you used? ( I had issues with certain flours in the past, which were really dry!) I made 5 little muffins. I will make a comment to the flour for the other readers. Thanks for the input marleen. Best, lara
Ach Lara, die Muffins sehen wahnsinnig wahnsinnig lecker aus, da läuft mir ja direkt das Wasser im Mund zusammen! 🙂
Mit dem Nachbacken warte ich aber noch auf Marleens Antwort, damit mir nicht derselbe Fehler passiert.
Alles Liebe, Julie
Vielen Dank! Ja unbedingt, Mareen und ich analysieren grad das Mehl Problem 😉
These muffins look outstanding!! Love the chocolate and coffee combo 🙂
Thanks so much! They are amazing! Just hard to find a substitute for oat flour since other flours seems not to work..do you know a substitute by chance?
could I substitute instant coffee for the espresso?
Should work! But let me know! 🙂