DIY vegan „Nutella“ made with just 2 ingredients! Creamy, rich, gluten-free and rich in magnesium!
Vegan Nutella made in under 20 minutes – with only 2 ingredients!
I think when you ask my mother, Nutella was always my favorite thing. I’ve spread it on everything or ate it straight from the jar. Years later I found that the ingredient in Nutella was not really fitting my diet, so I created a version that is not only super easy to make but also healthier than its shop-bought counterpart.
What’s crucial for the ultimate creaminess of the „Nutella“, is a well functioning, strong food processor. You’ll start and then you get this crumbly mass and just when you want to give up that is when you reach hazelnut butter consistency.
If you have time I recommend making this super easy vegan Nutella while you are reading this. Otherwise (you better come up with a good excuse), you can save the pictures below to your Pinterest board and find the recipe later. Also check out my Pinterest profile Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing all my Pinterest boards for inspiration.
I am looking forward to seeing your „Nutella“ creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 2½ cup hazelnuts
- ¾ cup dark chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350F and roast your hazelnuts for about 10 minutes
- Always keep an eye on them. You know they are ready when it starts to smell amazingly nice and they start to shed the skin
- In a towel rub of the skin and place them in the food processor
- Mix on full speed until you have a smooth nut butter (this can take up to 5 minutes)
- Melt the chocolate in the pan and add to the nut butter
- Mix again
- Pour the vegan "Nutella" in a glass and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.