Yeah for Oreo Fudges! The bites are not only super easy to make but also perfect portions to eat in one bite.
I prefer my desserts to be healthy, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t make recipes containing cookies or other stuff. These fudges are totally refined sugar-free and healthy. If you want so, the oreos might not be the cleanest food on earth. As a follower from Instagram told me, Trader Joe’s now sells some „healthier“ Oreo style Cookies. I haven’t tried them yet and used „normal“ Oreos in my recipe. All about balance right? I mean at least it is a dessert and I claim it is so much healthier than any store bought chocolate sweets.
In the recipe below you see the version with cashews. I know cashews are quite pricey and therefore I made a version where I substituted them with coconut cream. Means you simple use the whole can of your coconut milk. The treats will have a little bit more Ice Cream style but I like both versions.
- 1½ cups cashews, soaked overnight
- ⅓ cacao butter, melted
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oreo cookies
- Drain cashews and place in food processor with cacao butter, coconut cream, rice malt syrup, water, vanilla and process until very smooth.
- Add cookies and process at low speed.
- Pour ⅓ in a rectangular tin, place the Oreos randomly
- Pour over the rest of the mixture and freeze for at least 3 hours