We all know these days when we are craving Sweets! I am talking about cravings that can not be satisfied by simply eating an apple or a banana. Good thing that there is no need to hold yourself back from eating something sweet. It is all a question of knowing how to prepare something sweet that is secretly healthy for you and satisfies your cravings. So, why not giving this
Creamy, intensely chocolaty, healthy hot chocolate spiked with maca, chia bottom for extra nutrition and lasting energy
All you need is a nice fireplace, a good movie and many pillows. Then you drink the hot chocolate and lastly you take your spoon and eat the Chia-Maca Pudding at the bottom.
And ohh..I almost forgot the Carob sauce! If you want this hot chocolate to be a real hero you melt 1 tbsp coconut oil with 1 tbsp carob powder and 1/2 tbsp agave syrup to make a rich decadent sauce.
The coconut whopped cream on top is optional. More about coconut cream here.
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- ½ tsp Maca powder
- 1 tbsp raw unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (white or black will work)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 heaping tsp maca powder
- 1 heaping tsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 0.5 oz vegan dark chocolate (15grams)
- a pinch of cinnamon
- Combine the pudding ingredients in a small bowl and pour into a glass or jar.
- Put in the fridge for about 20 minutes until you pour over the hot chocolate.
- For the hot chocolate heat the almond milk on medium-low heat while whisking constantly.
- When it starts to bubble, add the cacao powder, maca and coconut sugar, cinnamon and chocolate
- Whisk constantly until chocolate is fully melted.
- Pour the mixture over the chia mixture.
- The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.