It is actually kind of a downgrading when calling these Babies just Vegan Raw Espresso Chocolate Brownies. There are more than just brownies they have a fudgy top and that is what makes them special and the perfect Christmas dessert.
The coffee flavor gives this classic chocolate brownie a new twist. I actually don’t really like coffee but the combination with chocolate is so smooth and I really like it.
The brownies are perfect in size, healthy in the fact that they are made of uncooked and unprocessed ingredients and extremely yummi.
What more could you ask for?
- ½ cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 Square Bar, sliced (optional but highly recommended!
- 2 cups Medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tbsp organic agave syrup (substitute with rice or maple syrup)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp finely ground coffee
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- Place the soaked cashews and walnuts in a blender and process until finely ground.
- Add the coconut, agave syrup, vanilla extract, raw cacao powder, ground coffee, and sea salt.
- Blend again to combine and then transfer to bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates and the Square bar to the blender and process. Add in the nut and cacao mixture and blend until well combined.
- If it gets sticky in the bottom of the blender, you can tip the mixture into a bowl and combine with your hands.
- Line a cake tin or loaf pan with baking paper, and press the brownie mixture in firmly.
- Place in the freezer for at least 40 mins to chill before adding the chocolate layer.
- For the chocolate layer add all of your ingredients into a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk together until you have a runny chocolate consistency.
- Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Dust over some raw cacao powder.