Eat waffles for breakfast and shine all day! – Waffles are usually quite a heavy breakfast, but not these light, fluffy vegan waffles, They are gluten-free and free of any refined sugar! A perfect weekend breakfast, to treat yourself and your friends; Easy vegan gluten-free Waffles with an antioxidant blueberry- açai coconut cream and bananas topped with maple syrup and pistachios.
I made it through my first decade of life without a waffle iron and thought I could be happy. How wrong I was! I mean, I never said no to a nice, warm oatmeal with fruit sauce but having a well-done crispy yet fluffy in front of you on a plate with cream and bananas is something no one should miss!
“Warm waffles on a sunday morning are life”
For the mixture, I decided to go with a buckwheat and white gluten-free flour. I also tried them with just buckwheat flour but personally, I like the mix better as they got more crispy and thick.
Of course, you can eat the waffles plain without any add-ons as they taste super delicious! However, I can recommend drizzling some maple syrup or a cream or sauce or fresh fruits. I served mine with a big drizzle of a dreamy, creamy, lilac, antioxidant blueberry-acai coconut cream that brings these waffles to the next level.
Fun fact: I actually did not want to buy a waffle maker as I already have so many kitchen machines. Who can relate? But then I was strolling through this second-hand shop in my street and saw this very very old beauty of a waffle maker and obviously, I couldn’t resist.
Guess some things are just fate.
- ½ cup (gluten-free) all purpose
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp raw apple sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Whisk together the flours with the baking powder. Add the applesauce, coconut oil, almond milk, coconut sugar and salt.
- Let the batter sit and allow to react for a few minutes.
- Spoon batter into your waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron's instructions.
- Blueberry-coconut-acai cream:
- Mix dry blueberries with 3 tbsp of coconut cream and add 1 tsp acai powder and 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Serve waffles with lilac cream and bananas