Those Gluten-free Vegan Plum Brownies are not only super delicious and moist, they are actually healthy and ready to eat in under 50 minutes!
I’ve always been a big fan of the chocolate fruit combination. I love Blackforest Cake (Cherry-Chocolate), Strawberries dipped in dark chocolate etc.
I had no idea whether you could incorporate plums into brownies, but what better way to find it out than simply trying.
I am aware that fruit and chocolate might not be everyone’s „thing“. But Brownies are! So if you fancy a low-fat version make sure you try my „10 minutes low-fat sweet potato brownies“
go all in with these decadent „fudgy double chocolate brownies“
Ok, I was not disappointed when trying the first batch and I love the special twist these brownies have! The plums are super sweet and fruity and combine so well with the cacao.
I used coconut sugar as a sweetener and almond flour. Although, I am not intolerant to gluten but since so many wrote me and asked for more gluten-free recipes I thought I’d try almond flour. I think it worked very well and I also think that oat flour or buckwheat would work fine, so feel free to substitute. I haven’t tried all-purpose or spelt flour so let me know if you try one of them.
When I served them on our GOT Party this week, everybody loved them. Vegans and non-vegans, alike. Some said they would be even better with some walnuts in, so let me know if you try them with nuts! You can make them with or without the chocolate coating, they are great both ways. Let’s get creative!
- 1 cup plums (150gr), pitted and finely sliced
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup vegan butter, room temperature, soft
- ⅓ cup cacao powder
- 1.5-ounce dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- ½ Tsp baking powder
- ½ Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- 1-ounce dark chocolate
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- In a medium bowl, combine the vegan butter with the coconut sugar and vanilla, cinnamon salt until well combined
- In another bowl combine the flour with the baking powder and the cacao
- Alternately add the milk and the flour mixture to the "butter mixture"
- Last, add the white vinegar, the dark chocolate, and the plums
- Pour the mass into a rectangular baking tin. (I used quite a small one, so if you want thick brownies you should use a small one and if you want more flat ones, please use a big one :))
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes and let cool down
- For the coating, on medium heat, combine the milk with the maple syrup and chocolate and pour over brownies.
- Allow to cool down for 30 minutes in the fridge.