Homemade French fries are a super easy dinner! I usually pair them with a huge salad, veggies or sometimes just as a snack on their own. Now, try them with a coconut-curry dip, that brings your taste buds to a new level.
Making french fries is easier than oatmeal or soup or spaghetti or whatever easy meal you can think of. I just wash the potatoes, peel them and then slice them. Then I mix some olive oil with herbs and sea salt and brush the french fries with the mixture. Baking in the oven for 30-35 minutes, depending on how crispy I like them. I use the „grill function“ for the last 10 minutes.
I think most of the times I enjoy my french fries with ketchup but this time, I was in the mood of trying something new! Feeling a little exotic I tried a coconut-curry dip that turned out quite good as I think!
I especially like the curry flavor combined with the fruity note of the mango. The coconut flavor from the Coco cream intensifies the tropical flavor and makes the dip perfectly tasty.
A must for every party, buffet or simply your dinner at home!
- ½ cup full-fat coconut cream*
- 1 tbsp yellow curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp juice of a lime
- ¾ cup of mango pieces
- 1 tbsp all natural peanut butter
- a pinch of fine sea salt
- a pinch of turmeric
- Place all ingredients in a blender (except the coconut cream) and blend on high speed until very smooth.
- Add the coconut cream* (upper part of the can of coconut milk placed in the fridge overnight.)
- Mix on low speed until combined and the pour into small bowl
- Let sit in the fridge for about 10 minutes
Vivian | stayaliveandcooking meint
I love oven fries! That dip looks yum.
Coconut curry sounds delicious! I love the peanut butter addition to add a nice sweetness and creaminess for the dip!