It’s that time of the year when autumn starts to finally move in and the last warm days are gone. I like autumn but I love summer. So this cake is my kind of „hello autumn, I miss summer cake“. I wanted to use fresh seasonal figs and warming turmeric with a nut crust, twisted it with summary coconut and pineapple flavor.
The combination worked quite well as the flavors balance out each other very well and the cake has the right amount of sweetness coming from the date sin the crust and the rice malt syrup. I proudly present my non-refined sugar autumn-summer Raw Vegan Coconut Turmeric Cheesecake.
I am aware that this is not your ordinary raw cake you see everyday but it is so worth to give it a try and challenge your taste buds! And if you are still skeptical and this might be your first try on a raw cake you can still start with my Nutella Raw Cake. Always a win!
Although the cake might look complicated, it is totally not and just consists of two layers and the crust. (don’t get fooled by my picture that shows a slightly darker brownish layer; I was simply running out of coco cream and added more soaked cashews)
When it comes to decorating your cake you can literally go all crazy. I decided to go with a homemade pecan cranberry granola, cashew butter drizzle and edible dried flowers. For the turmeric is is crucial to use a high quality organic turmeric. I bought mine at mi local store LOLA. Keep an eye on small organic stores in your neighborhood they often have the best products and it’s worth to support them!
If you try this fun raw cake, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram (@vanillacrunnch) or write me an email so I can repost your creation!
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup pitted dates, soaked and rinsed
- Turmeric Layer
- 1 large mango
- 3 tsp fresh turmeric
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp organic rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼tsp salt
- Coconut layer
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- ¾ cup coconut cream
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup organic rice malt syrup
- ⅓ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Blend all the ingredients until your mixture turns into a sticky biscuit dough.
- Press the dough into your round silicon tin. (you can use your fingers or a spoon)
- Blend the mango, turmeric, rice malt syrup, lime juice and salt until smooth.
- Combine the melted coconut oil with the coconut cream and stir into the yellow turmeric mixture.
- Spoon the mixture onto the crust layer and smooth out evenly.
- For the coconut layer, simply blend all ingredients listed above under coconut layer and spoon the mixture onto the turmeric layer.
- Drizzle with a cashew or peanut butter