I’ve always been a little hesitant when it came to pumpkin pies. I love pumpkin in savory dishes but having it in a pie? Well, this year I thought I’d give it a go and created THE easiest vegan Pumpkin pie you’ve ever made!
I think the part that takes the longest is steaming the pumpkin. But at that time you can easily prepare the crust. This is a super simple vegan crust made with flour and vegan butter. Guess there are tons of them on Instagram. I also tried it with coconut butter but personally liked the taste better with vegan butter.
For the spices, I added cinnamon and cardamom but feel free to go crazy and add whatever you think matches this pie. I actually think that a thin dark chocolate layer over the crust would be magic. But hey this is just a chocaholic talking so
don’t take me for serious 😉
If you have time I recommend making this vegan Pumpkin pie asap or at least before Halloween ;), otherwise you can save the picture below to your Pinterest Board and find the recipe later 🙂 You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch if you are interested in seeing my Pinterest boards for inspiration
- 1½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup vegan butter + more for greasing the pan
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup ice water
- 2 cups steamed pumpkin
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp Agar-Agar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Steam the pumpkin until soft
- While the pumpkin is steaming, prepare the crust by combining all the ingredient to a homogenous dough. I always make this with my hands put feel free to use a machine. Press the dough into a round pan (6-inch makes a higher pie with a thicker crust and 8-inch a flatter pie with a thinner crust; I tried and liked both)
- Put into the freezer until the filling is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Heat the coconut milk with the agar-agar until boiling.
- Add all the ingredients for the filling plus the coconut milk- Agar-agar mixture to our blender and blend until well combined.
- Fill over crust and bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Let cool down and place in the fridge for about 4 hours with a plastic wrap on top.