Adapted from Osheglows
1.5 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water, whisked
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup whole almonds, ground into a flour/meal & sifted
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 African Mango Coffee
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup Coconut oil
1/2 cup cup non-dairy chocolate, divided
1 cup cup organic coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 inch square pan with parchment and grease all sides. In a small bowl, whisk together the ground flax and water and set aside.
2. In a blender or processor, process almonds into a meal/flour. Sift out large pieces. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flours, cocoa, salt, soda).
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and melt in microwave for about 30-45 seconds until melted or in a waterbad. Stir well and add in flax egg, sugar, vanilla, milk and coconut oil. Whisk.
4. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and stir well. The mixture will be VERY dry, but not to worry keep mixing!
5. Scoop batter into prepared pan and place a piece of parchment on top. Spread with hands or a pastry roller until smooth and even.
6. Bake for 32-34 minutes at 350F and allow brownies to cool in pan for about 1.5 hours. Tip from Osheglows: DO NOT REMOVE BROWNIES until completely cool or they will crack apart. After an hour or so, gently separate edge of brownie from pan with a butter knife and place on a cooling rack.
2 15oz. mangoes, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup coconut sugar
4 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
Puree mangoes and sugar in a food processor until uniformly smooth.
Strain through a sieve into a saucepan.
Whisk lime juice, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl.
Heat mango puree over medium heat until bubbly, whisking constantly.
Whisk in lime
Take curd off heat and whisk in full fat coconut milk.
Cool and store in the fridge overnight.
African Mango Coffee* can;
– Boost metabolism
– Assist in thermogenic fat burning
– Suppress the appetite
– Act as a fatigue fighter
– Lower cholesterol
– Work as an overall health booster
The coffee contains an extract of the African mango’s seeds which has a large amount of healthy fats and fibre.
Research on African mango shows beneficial effects for diabetes and obesity, as well as analgesic, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and GI activity.
Every cup of our African Mango Coffee contains 150mg of the African Mango superfood supplement –which research has shown to be an ideal intake to reduce fat around the waist, thighs, hips and buttocks. Along with weight loss, our African Mango Coffee can also bring down cholesterol, blood glucose and leptin levels.
Thermogenic fat burning:
Upon further investigation following the study, it was found that the African mango allowed large amounts of fat to be burned through the process of thermogenesis by increasing the body’s core temperature, resulting in large amounts of fat being burned without the loss of muscle.
Since African mango increases the levels of the hormone leptin, studies found that it also plays an important role in appetite suppression allowing you to maintain a healthy diet without the fear of uncontrollable food cravings that are so common with beginning a healthy eating plan and can mean the difference between success and disaster when it comes to losing weight.
Reducing Cholesterol Levels:
After extensive research it has been found that African mango also has been proven to reduce cholesterol levels and improve heart function in the long term. Studies have also shown that it does not interact with prescription cholesterol medication, making African mango an excellent addition to your diet if you have higher than average cholesterol.