This Vegan Sweet Potato Pizza with Guacamole Topping is probably the most special menu I had this year. Made with just plant-based ingredients and a gluten-free option. TRY IT!
ok..ok..Please don’t leave this page. You are still on the homepage vanillacrunnch.com with loads of sweets BUT I also do savory. Like twice a year. So let’s celebrate this rare occasion with a vegan pizza! First I was craving pizza or at least something Italian (has pasta the last 6 days) maybe because I will thrive on rice and veggies when I am in Asia in January 😉
Second, I really really love pizza and I already made a lot of homemade pizzas! I also made the low carb pizza with cauliflower crust. I did not enjoy it that much. TO BE HONEST.
So this time, I decided to go with a sweet potato crust, which is basically just 2 sweet potatoes with oats a flax egg and some spices. Pretty basic.
And did you know that Sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin B6 and vitamin C and D? Also they contain magnesium and iron, which supports the red and white blood cell production. A real super food right? And reason enough for me to call this a SUPER HEALTHY SUPERFOOD PIZZA (you can quote me)
Do you also love Pinterest? Feel free to use this Collage picture below to post on your Pinterest wall. If you like to see my boards. you can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch
Alright, pizza lovers wanna get your hand dirty with this healthy vegan Sweet Potato Pizza with Guacamole Topping! I am looking forward seeing your creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can use the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or/and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 2 big sweet potatoes (350gr)
- 1 flax egg ( 1 tbsp linseed soaked in 3 tbsp water)
- 100gr rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the sweet potatoes in a steamer or over the stove for 30 minutes or until fork tender
- In your blender blend the oats until you end up with fine flour
- Add the steamed sweet potatoes and the rest of the crust ingredients and blend until you have a consistency like
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Prepare a baking sheet with baking paper
- With a spatula spread the mash like a round circle on the baking paper
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until slightly brownish
- For the topping mash your avocado with the dill and salt and pepper and spread on pizza crust.
- Top with greens of your choice or add any vegetable you like
Albert Bevia - Spain on a Fork meint
such a creative recipe! and it sounds delicious, great stuff
abbey weaver meint
does 8 servings mean 8 slices of pizza? about how much do you think per person? thanks!
Yes but witout any sides it serves 2 very hungry people ????