Those healthy Vegan „Twix“ Raw Cakes are a new version of my childhood candy „Twix. Can you believe they are gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan?
Talking about the cake you’ll love how easy it is to make it. The crust is simply made with coconut flour, coconut oil, and a little bit of syrup and milk. The „dry“ texture creates a cookie base which is most similar to shortbread. I would not advise taking another flour as I don’t know if you would get the same kind of texture.
For the caramel, you really just need a good food processor and the rest is peanuts. (I mean don’t use peanuts for this ;)) If you don’t have a strong food processor, it helps to soak the dates overnight.
For the chocolate then you melt together dark dairy-free chocolate with coconut oil and coconut milk. The more coconut milk you add the more „soft“ and easier to cut will your chocolate layer be. It depends on your taste but I found my ration quite well for a smooth yet thick chocolate layer.
I am aware that this is not a low calorie food but I think food is here to enjoy. All ingredients are good for my body. I love eating rich meals and snacks that are good for me. I am eating dessert everyday and I am not giving a damn about the calorie count.
I once tried to make real Twix shapes here,but this time it’s more of a Twix inspired raw cake with different layers.
I would love to say. This tastes like the real thing! But my sister has told me I am not allowed to do so, as I haven’t had Twix in years. So, if you are a person, who knows the real Twix and have tried those, I would be more than happy to hear your opinion on this.
- for the bottom crust:
- ⅔ cup coconut flour (75g)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- caramel layer:
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ stick vegan butter (30gr)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- top chocolate layer
- 1 cup dark chocolate (150g)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp full-fat coconut milk
- For the crust combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and with your fingers press in a rectangular silicon tin
- For the caramel use a strong food processor and combine the dates with the butter, the coconut milk, molasses and vanilla.
- Pour over crust and put in the freezer while yu are making the chocolate
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil on low heat until melted. Slowly add the coconut milk and the pour chocolate over caramel layer.
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes