No better way to start the new year with these easy Soft Pretzel Rolls which are vegan and made with only 5 ingredients. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside!
Fun thing is, that I always thought to make bread is super complicated and enduring and pretzel might be even more complicated! Well, I am glad I learned it yet in 2017 that Soft Pretzel Rolls are
SUPER FAST & EASY TO MAKE
SUPER EASY TO MAKE VEGAN AND THESE ARE EVEN WITHOUT VEGAN BUTTER
MADE WITH JUST 5 INGREDIENTS AND WATER
MY NEW FAVORITE KIND OF BREAD NEXT TO SOURDOUGH
These are great with a bowl of hot soup for lunch, or for sandwiches and burger. Also with the addition of vegan shredded cheese on top or simply plain. I promise they won’t last long!
Instastories made me do it
When I posted them in my stories on Instagram, I immediately got tons of messages asking for the recipe. At this time I did not have a proper recipe I just threw some ingredients together and formed a dough. BUT I made them again and again and again and I am still happy with the recipe!
Do you also love Pinterest? You can find me under my name Vanillacrunnch
You can post this Collage picture on Pinterest if you like to find the recipe again later 🙂
Do you always wanted to bake bread but you thought it is too complicated? Well try these vegan pretzel rolls and you will thank me later! I am looking forward seeing your creations on Instagram (Tag me @vanillacrunnch ) or you can the hashtag #bakingwithvanillacrunnch or and leave a comment here and put a smile on my face.
- 2 cups spelt flour
- ⅔ cup warm water (not hot water or you might kill the yeast!)
- 2 tsp active dry yeast (7gr)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1-quart water
- In a small bowl combine the warm water with the sugar and the yeast until it dissolves
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes
- In a big bowl combine the flour with the salt
- Add the coconut oil and the yeast mixture
- Combine and knead with your hand for at least 3-4 minutes
- Put back in the bowl and let double in size for about 30 minutes
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Form 5 pretzel rolls with your hands and with scissors cut some lines in each roll
- Bring the 1-quart water to boil and add the soda (Careful this bubbles!)
- Turn down the heat and put every bun for at least 30 seconds in the soda water
- Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with sea salt
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Best enjoyed on the day you make them but can be eaten the day after it as well