Another rainy sunday in Switzerland. Some people are quite happy that the weather now finally has „normalized“ after the heatwave. But for me, I am just wishing for an endless summer. Thinking that the last sunny days have now passed makes me sad. To overcome my sadness I wanted to give these vegan chocolate chip cookies another try. After fails and „they are ok- but not more“ attempts, I perfected them now. So here is what I did. I added a mashed banana to the recipe and replaced the peanut butter in the recipe with the smoother sunflower seed butter.
and… I LOVE them now. I am perfectionist so this is quite a thing for me to say. I shared the original recipe just in my ebook but thought it would be a crime to not share these beauties with all of you. I kept the 6 cookie sandwiches under my bed without sharing. I could eat all of them in one sitting.
I might did but you are never going to know that 🙂
Makes 12 Cookies or 6 Cookie Sandwiches
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup fine oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter (peanut butter works as well)
1 small ripe mashed banana
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
a pinch of fine sea salt
1/2 cup dark vegan chocolate chips
1. First you preheat your oven to 180° or (360F)
2. In the blender, blend the oats until you reach a fine consistency.
3. In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients such as the flour, the blended oats, baking soda, salt.
4. In another bowl, mash the banana, add the sunflower seed butter, the coconut sugar and the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
5. Add the almond milk and mix a little bit more.
6. Now at low speed add the bowl with the dry ingredients. (not all at once!).
7. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
8. Now roll the dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Flatten them with a spoon and make sure you place them 3 inches apart from each other.
9. Finally, Bake cookies for 10-15 minutes, or until slightly brown, depends a little bit on your oven and how you like them.
Let them cool down, but not until entirely cool. Because now the fun part starts:
Stuff two cookies with a tsp of peanutbutter and one pieces of dark chocolate.
The chocolate and peanutbutter are starting to melt from the remaining warmth of the cookies.
Wow, also wenn da einem nicht das Wasser im Mund zusammenläuft, dann weiß ich auch nicht! Das hört sich wirklich perfekt an. Ich kann es kaum erwarten, das mal auszuprobieren, das sieht einfach soo gut aus. Danke, dass du das Rezept mit uns teilst 🙂 Und vor mir aus könnte übrigens auch das ganze Jahr über Sommer sein 😉
Lena | http://www.healthylena.de
The Vegan Junction says
Wow! Yumm. 🙂